vendredi 21 août 2015

syn-free Blue Cheese and Caramelised Onion Pasta





I love cheese, and I really love blue cheese but it's been all but absent from my diet since starting Slimming World. I was inspired to try it in this recipe after making the caramelised onions and I'm glad to report it worked! I'm happy to have found a way to enjoy blue cheese flavour without too many syns.

Serves 1 (but you can scale up as required)

Syn free on Extra Easy and Green (if using the cheese as a Healthy Extra, otherwise 6 syns)

Ingredients:


  • 100g dried pasta

  • 28g blue cheese (a strong one is good as you are using so little) (HEA or 6 syns)

  • 1 large red onion, sliced

  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

  • 1 tablespoon water

  • 1 tablespoon sweetener




Fry Light

Method:

Gently cook the onions in Fry Light until they begin to soften, then add the balsamic, water and sweetener and contine to cook over a low heat until the liquid is gone and the onions are soft and caramelised (I cooked mine for at least 20 minutes in total)
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions
Drain the pasta and then crumble in the blue cheese and stir to melt it a bit. Mix in the caramelised onions and serve.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire