samedi 22 août 2015

Slimming World Friendly, Syn Free, Freezer Friendly Quiche Muffins





I’ve been talking to a few readers this week and I’ve mentioned these quiche muffins I batch cook a few times and I realised that I haven’t posted the recipe! Your gonna love them; they can be batch cooked and frozen down saving you tons of time.

The ones I’m gonna show you today are chicken and bacon, but and this is the beautiful part, the list of fillings you can have are ultimately endless so feel free to mix it up.

Ingredients


1 tub low fat cottage cheese
1 pack of chicken breasts
1 pack of cheap bacon
6/8 eggs
1 large red onion
30g strongest cheddar cheese you can find
Fry Light cooking spray

- Method We’ll start the same way as most slimming world friendly recipes do, and that’s to remove all visible fat from the chicken & bacon (or any other meats you’re using). Cut both into small sized pieces, the smaller the better, they fit better in the quiches. Finely dice red onion.

Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 5, about 180°C (aprox)




Lightly fry the onions in fry light spray.




Add any herbs and seasonings that you like to you the meat before cooking; I find it sticks to it much better. (See ideas at the bottom of this recipe)




Note: I used Schwartz fajita seasoning here, and I haven’t syn’ed it, I’ve never syn’ed it since being on slimming world…it’s not right, but that’s just me; it’s 5 ½ syns per 35 grams, oh and its AMAZING!

Add the chicken and bacon to the pan of onions and cook; if you’ve cut them similar sizes, cooking times shouldn’t be a problem, that and they’ll cook again in the oven, so it’s no biggie.

While that’s cooking, it’s the perfect time to get your egg mixture ready. The reason I said 6/8 eggs in the ingredients list is because it depends on the size of the eggs; In the past I’ve had to add a couple extra because they were small.

Crack all the eggs into a jug (for easy pouring), and add the cottage cheese. Whisk thoroughly making sure both are well mixed.

Take 12 silicone muffin cups and place on a baking tray lined with tin foil (for spillages the foil makes cleaning 100x easier…trust me!) It’s a good idea to grab your frylight, and give each cup a quick spray just to be sure nothing sticks.

Take your cooked meat/onions mixture and divide between the 12 cups.



Pour the egg & cottage cheese mixture into each cup, be careful not to overfill.

TIP: Fill them all up, take a table knife and slide it to the bottom of each cup and gently stir, why? Well, this it to make sure the egg mixture has got to the bottom of the cup.

Take your super duper strong cheese, cut into 12 small cubes (I know it looks measly that’s why its gotta be strong) and push one piece into the center of each quiche.

Adding cheese is optional and down to personal preference, cottage cheese might be enough for some people; I prefer it a little stronger haha.

Let’s cook these suckers! Place them in the oven for about 15/20 minutes. There’s two ways to check when their done, first they’ll pull away from the walls of the silicone cups slightly, and the second is to slide a clean knife into the center, if it comes out clean, hey presto their done! -
Now, they are cooked but I like to crisp them up a little. Remove them from the cases (be careful they will be stupidly hot!), back on the tin foil baking tray and pop them back in the oven for 3/5 minutes. They will come out a lovely golden brown, look at the ones below, they look amazing right? - from : http://www.fatboysdiet.com


Syns, syns, syns!

This is the awesome part; their syn free if you used the cheese as your Healthy A choice. If you syned the cheese it would be 6 syns for 30 grams, meaning each quiche would be ½ a syn!

I said it was awesome didn’t I!

They will stay this low as long as you only use, lean meats, veggies and one portion of cheese, which is great.


What’s the damage…£££?

I’m not going to work out the cost for this exact recipe because there are so many variations possible. What I have worked out it the base cost for the quiches; that the eggs and cottage cheese.

Pot of cottage cheese from tesco is 64p and lets say 8 eggs for arguments sake are 80p, giving us a total of £1.44. That works out to a mere 12p each quiche without fillings; that’s pretty good don’t you think.

My top tip to keep costs down is to hunt around in the reduced sections in supermarkets. I love a bargain, and if you look at the picture at the top of this page you’ll notice the chicken I bought was reduced. Buy it fresh at a reduced price, freeze it until your ready to cook, and once its cooked it can be frozen again without a problem.

Buying reduced meats & veggies keeps things varied to; you never know what you find in the reduced section!
Variations

The possibilities are endless but here are just a few that I’ve done.
Mixed peppers, onions, and mushrooms
Chicken, bacon & sweetcorn
Bacon, onion & mushroom
Beef & onion
Bacon, cheese, onion & tomato


Herbs & Spices

I used Schwartz Fajita Season about, but that’s just me. I’ve also used;
Curry powder
Paprika
Smoked Paprika
Chilli powder
Italian dry herbs
Thyme
Oregano
Parsley

There you have it, my slimming world friendly, syn free (or ½ a syn) quiche muffins.


I would love to hear what you think about them; leave your comments below and don’t forget to include your own variations.

[ois skin=”Free Quiche Recipe” split=”Free Quiche Recipe A/B”]

From : http://www.fatboysdiet.com

1 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

brilliant idea thank ou

Enregistrer un commentaire